INTRODUCTIONScholarship for Higher Education (SHE) is a scholarship program funded by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) , Government of India, to motivate students for pursuing Natural and Basic science courses . SHE program offers 10,000 scholarships every year. Scholarship amount of Rs.84,000/annum is awarded to selected candidates for pursuing Bachelor and Masters level education in Natural and Basic sciences.
- Applicable for age group 17-22 years.
- Only candidates who have completed their XII and are currently pursuing B.Sc.,B.Sc. (Hons) or integrated courses leading to M.S. or M.Sc degrees in Natural and Basic Sciences(Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology and Earth Sciences) should apply.The scheme in its current format does not include courses in engineering,medicine, technology and other professional / applied science courses.
- Students with aggregate marks within top 1% of their Class XII examination of any Board in India are eligible to apply .( TN Cutoff for the year 2011 is 95.5%)
- Students who have secured ranks in the JEE of IIT, CBSE Medical (within top 10000 ranks) are eligible to apply.
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY), National Talent Search Examination (NTSE), Jagadish Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS) scholars and International Olympiad medalists can apply.
- Students pursuing Integrated M.S. courses at IISER, NISER and Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Basic Sciences are eligible to apply.
- Every year SHE offers 10,000 scholarships.
- Selected candidates will be supported for a maximum period of five years starting 1st year course in B.Sc., B.Sc. (Hons) and integrated course leading to M.S. or M.Sc.
- Each candidate will receive annual scholarship of Rs.60,000 in cash.
- In addition to that a summer time attachment fee of Rs.20,000 will be paid to the mentoring institution for undertaking summer project.
- The On-line application submissions shall commence in the month of August and will be closed in the month of November.
- After On-line submission of application. the Applicant must obtain a print of application submitted.
- Off-line Applications and the print out of the submitted On-line application along with all necessary documents must be sent to The Director, National Institute of Science, Technology & Development Studies (NISTADS), Dr. K. S. Krishnan Marg, New Delhi- 110012 by Ordinary Post only.
- The envelope should mention on top “Application for INSPIRE Scholarship for 2014″ program.